Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Down on the Farm


This past week was my first full week alone with both girls since we moved to the East Coast.  It was challenging and my goal each day was to get as many activities in to tire them out.  I did find time with both girls awake, and of course assisting my every move, to recover the bench in my entryway.  The old material was bothering me.  I continued my "redecoration" average of changing things around about every three months.  I guess that shows how board I get with things.  We ended the week with a trip to N's grandparents farm in the Midwest.  It was both M. and I.'s first flights.  All in all the traveling went well, but the best was how well our girls slept each night.  It was truly a miracle.  I. was sure to remind us that she was back on East Coast time when she woke us up as usual in the middle of the night last night with her blood curdling scream.  We can only dream of the days in the Midwest where both girls slept so soundly and we actually woke them up each morning.  It was great celebrating Grandpa's 81st birthday with the family.  Long summer days, lots of family, and lovely sleeping.  Thanks-we love you!

1 comment: