Monday, February 22, 2010

All about our baby

Our baby has added a couple more foods to her solid food diet.  She started bananas today and prunes last week.  We always like to start prunes after the rice cereal (fortified with iron) to prevent any unwanted and painful constipation.  Let's just say that their is no problem there!  She hates the prunes and thinks that I am rude for giving her bananas.  She rolls her tongue around in her mouth with a face saying, "This is disgusting, why would you do this to me",  yet she keeps eating them.  I am thankful that her vocabulary is currently limited to screaming, crying, laughing, and her first true word "Da-Da".  I am afraid of what words would have come out when the prunes were first introduced.  She loves her da-da and loves saying it.  She can't say it without smiling.  She is working on sleeping completely through the night but still usually wakes up once.  She loves watching her sister run around and can't keep her hands off of Foxy.  Unfortunately, Foxy is not impressed with Isabelle's kung-fu grip so we often separate the two.  Well, off to put my little one to bed.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed hearing about sweet ISabelle. I will miss you on Facebook, but will keep in touch other ways. I tried to Skype you tonight after I arrived home from MT but, for some reason it wouldn't let me. Will try and fix it tonight. Miss the girls and am anxious to see them on Skype. Our flight was delayed a couple of hours but made it home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh I laughed out loud at the part where you said she thinks you are rude for giving the bananas. Ha!

    ReplyDelete