Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My Baby Loves to Sing

My baby has really gotten into singing.  She has been great with trying to remember songs.  Her favorite is when I rock her at night and sing "Tomorrow, I love you".  Both girls love listening to music in the car.  We frequent tracks from "Singin' in the Rain", "Sound of Music",  "Annie", and "Mary Poppins".  We have really enjoyed our walks to the neighborhood library for story time and songs.  I would say the crowd is 60% nannies and 40% moms.  It is interesting the see all the children and how they react to the librarian and her enthusiastic story-telling/singing.  However, a couple of weeks ago when I had the wrong date and time promised to M. for story-time at our library, she said "Another library?".  So I frantically searched the area with my iphone "around me" app-which by the way  rocks-and found a library in Old Town Alexandria 8 minutes from then.  We drove fast and parallel parked faster only to find ourselves in one of the most impressive story-times yet.  The librarian had the books memorized as she acted them to the kids.  Her voice projected so well that I swear her background was on Broadway.  After all, she was from the Bronx/NYC, so you never know.  So, needless to say, we have enjoyed our times at the libraries in our new neighborhood.  The songs we have learned are revisited at most of our lunches at home.  "Head, shoulders, knees, and toes" is generally avoided.  You can imagine, mac n' cheese on the head-shoulders-knees and toes?  Not so fun to clean up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment